Thank you for your bug report, gnome-screenshot is talking to gnome-
shell which is doing the actual work, reassigning. There are some fixes
in the new coming version so it would be nice to test when that one
lands in Ubuntu but testing on the current version it indeed has the
issue

** Changed in: gnome-screenshot (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-screenshot (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-screenshot in Ubuntu.

  gnome-screenshot clipboard image incomplete

Status in gnome-screenshot package in Ubuntu:

  When running `gnome-screenshot` via terminal (or bash script) with
  both the `--clipboard` and `--file ...` options the screenshot copied
  to the clipboard is incomplete/corrupted while the screenshot saved to
  disk is fine. I'm able to reproduce this reliably via the following
  command:

      gnome-screenshot --clipboard --file "${HOME}/Pictures/Screenshot
  $(date +'%F %T').png" --window

  When running this command I expect to have one copy of the screenshot
  saved to disk and a (complete) copy of the screenshot copied to the
  clipboard automatically.

  Additional information:

      $ lsb_release -rd
      Release:        20.04

      $ apt-cache policy gnome-screenshot
      gnome-screenshot:
        Installed: 3.36.0-1ubuntu1
        Candidate: 3.36.0-1ubuntu1
        Version table:
       *** 3.36.0-1ubuntu1 500
              500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/main amd64 Packages
              100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  I've attached the incomplete/corrupted screenshot to this report.

  Package: gnome-screenshot 3.36.0-1ubuntu1
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Tue May  5 13:00:43 2020
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Release amd64 (20200423)
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8