Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: gvfs (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gvfs in Ubuntu.

  Documents cannot be opened in desktop UI on storage device

Status in gvfs package in Ubuntu:

  I have an external storage that I access by my local network (Datatank
Gateway - Freecom). I had Ubuntu 18.04 version and I could access to this
external device without problems. I could move all files from-to the external
device and open and execute them properly. I upgraded to 20.04 Ubuntu version
and it stopped to access to this device. Then I changed smb.conf file adding
the line: "client min protocol = NT1" and then I got access to the device. I
can see the folders and subfolders, but all icons are folders, even the .xls or
.doc or .pdf are shown as folders. I cannot transfer them from external device
to any of my internal folders in my pc. I can read some of them, like .doc, but
I have to select manually what program I need to execute to read it. .pdf files
can also be read. But .xls or .pgn or .mp3 cannot be read. An error message
appear saying "Content cannot be shown. It is not a folder". In summary I have
access to me external device but I cannot manage normally any of the files
inside my external device, as I did before with ubuntu version 18.04. All icons
appear as folders regardless it is a real folder or a file.
  I woudl appreciate to assist to solve thsi problem.
  Thank you
  Leopoldo Soria

  Package: gvfs 1.44.1-1ubuntu1
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Fri May  1 19:13:04 2020
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=es_ES.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: gvfs
  Symptom: storage
  Title: Documents cannot be opened in desktop UI on storage device