Thank you for taking the time to report this issue and helping to make
Ubuntu better. Examining the information you have given us, this does
not appear to be a bug report so we are closing it and converting it to
a question in the support tracker. We understand the difficulties you
are facing, but it is better to raise problems you are having in the
support tracker at https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu if you are
uncertain if they are bugs. You can also find help with your problem in
the support forum of your local Ubuntu community http://loco.ubuntu.com/
or asking at https://askubuntu.com or https://ubuntuforums.org. For help
on reporting bugs, see https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs.

** Changed in: fprintd (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to fprintd in Ubuntu.

  Fingerprint Reader not working

Status in fprintd package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Ican enroll my finger prints with "fprintd-enroll" successfully.
  Then I add the line:

  auth sufficient pam_fprintd.so

  to:

  /etc/pam.d/polkit-1
  /etc/pam.d/sudo
  etc...

  However, Kubuntu does not offer FP login even with the above settings. It
works in Ubuntu.
  What am I doing wrong? Is the wa to activate the FP Reader in Kubuntu
different then in Ubuntu?

  Package: fprintd 1.90.1-1ubuntu1
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: KDE