I'm also facing this exact behavior after upgrading to 20.04.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock in
Ubuntu.

  Text and icons in top bar is offset and hanging down

Status in Dash to dock:
  New
Status in gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock package in Ubuntu:

  ## What is the bug
  When upgradig to Ubuntu 20.04, it also updated Gnome to 3.36.1.
  When using my ultrawide (and configuring it via xrandr because the gnome
config tool does not work properly) the top bar is behaving strange.
  When no windows are open, the top bar "Activities" are showing correctly, but
when opening a window, the text and hitbox doubles in height. The part with the
tray icons and power/internet etc is wrong all the time.  See attached image.

  ## What happened
  Text and open programs field double the bar height. Also affects the tray
area.

  ## What did you expect to happen
  Normal height on top bar.

  ## Versions

  Ubuntu: 20.04 LTS

  gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock:
    Installed: 67ubuntu20.04.5
    Candidate: 67ubuntu20.04.5
    Version table:
   *** 67ubuntu20.04.5 500
          500 http://no.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/main amd64 Packages
          500 http://no.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/main i386 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  Package: gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock 67ubuntu20.04.5
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Thu May  7 12:48:36 2020
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan Ermine" - Release amd64 (20191017)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to focal on 2020-05-05 (1 days ago)