Public bug reported:

I am using ibus-chewing 1.6.1-1 in ubuntu 20.04. I turned off easy
symbol input, so if I press "shift+6" in chinese mode, it should be a
"^", but I instead get a "︿". Similar situations happen when I try to
type other symbols like @#$%.

** Affects: ibus-chewing (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to ibus-chewing in Ubuntu.

  full width symbols in half width mode

Status in ibus-chewing package in Ubuntu: