CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Wed May 13 17:56:59 2020
DisplayManager: gdm3
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Alpha amd64 (20180222)
RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 3.36.1-3ubuntu3
SourcePackage: gnome-shell

** Affects: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug focal third-party-packages

  Big delay between pressing the applications grid icon in dock and the
  start of the spring animation

  I am sorry if this is already reported elsewhere, I couldn't find it.

  Sometimes there is a big delay between clicking in the applications grid icon
and the start of the spring animation. In the worst cases, this delay can be
close to 2 seconds.
  Usually, after this first delay, subsequent clicks on the grid icon show
little to no delay.

  I am running Ubuntu 20.04 with default extensions on a Dell XPS 13
  9360.

  Package: gnome-shell 3.36.1-5ubuntu2
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME