I have found a detailed lsusb listing for the Pico Pix 1120. Now we need
to compare it to the listing of your device *before* the mode switch.

Cedric, could you post such a listing svp?

You can disable usb_modeswitch the hard way by renaming
usb_modeswitch_dispatcher. It usually sits in /usr/sbin but you want to
check if that is correct for Ubuntu as well.

Then run "sudo mv /usr/sbin/usb_modeswitch_dispatcher
/usr/sbin/usb_modeswitch_dispatcher.off"

Now insert your adapter and then run "sudo lsusb -v -d 1de1:1101".
Attach the output as a text file here please.

** Attachment added: "picopix_lsusb.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/usb-modeswitch/+bug/1878921/+attachment/5372264/+files/picopix_lsusb.txt

Packages, which is subscribed to usb-modeswitch in Ubuntu.

  USB 3 NVMe SSD dongle doesn't flip

Status in usb-modeswitch package in Ubuntu:

  I have a AM8180 AMicro adapter. It is an adapter for an M.2 SSD NVMe
  disk to USB 3. It works fine on Windows, but on Ubuntu, when I plug it
  in, the drive shows for a second then disappears. If I try to do fdisk
  or gparted, it seems to lock something and I can't shutdown the laptop
  (it is stuck on the Disk Management Unmounting step.

  My info:
  1) Release:
  Release:      20.04

  2) Package version:
  usb-modeswitch:
    Installed: 2.5.2+repack0-2ubuntu3
    Candidate: 2.5.2+repack0-2ubuntu3
    Version table:
   *** 2.5.2+repack0-2ubuntu3 500
          500 http://th.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/main amd64 Packages

  3) What I expect to happen:
  I expect the drive to stay mounted

  4) What happened instead:
  The disk is mounted then immediately unmount. Before I create the partitions
in Windows, nothing mounted but the disk briefly appeared in the Disk Manager.

  Attached is my (filtered) syslog when I plug to the USB-C (notice the message
advising to tell the developers about the model. Maybe it's just vendor info
missing).

  I have modified 2 flags in /etc/usb_modeswitch.conf:
  - DisableSwitching=0 changed to 1
  - #SetStorageDelay=4 changed to un-commented
  then restarted. That didn't help.