We can track all affected apps in this one bug.

** Tags added: focal

** Tags added: xrandr-scaling

** Also affects: wine (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.

  Fractional Upscaling is descaling Certain Apps

Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in wine package in Ubuntu:

  Release:      20.04
  2) wine-development:
    Installed: 5.5-3ubuntu1
    Candidate: 5.5-3ubuntu1
  Same goes for wine stable 5.0.
  Other Packages foxit 2.4.4.xx, Notepad v7.8.6

  3) I'm using a relatively small QHD Display. The Fractional Scaling
  Feature is really something I've looked forward to and I'm super
  grateful that it has been implemented. With my setup my life gets
  easier when having a little zoom but still have a good amount of
  pixels and nice sharpness on my workspace :D

  4) With some apps the fractional scaling has an opposite effect. For
  example wine apps and foxit reader appear tiny with fractional scaling
  turned on (I'm using 125%) and the apps shrink compared to 100%.

  Is this the right place to report the bug or do i need to make a
  bugreport for every specific app?

  Kind regards,
  Tobi