** Changed in: gnome-font-viewer (Debian)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-font-viewer in Ubuntu.

  gnome-font-viewer crashed with signal 5 in _XEventsQueued()

Status in gnome-font-viewer package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in gnome-font-viewer package in Debian:

  Reproducible crash (tested on Ubuntu and Xubuntu) or freezing of
  application during ISO testing of a live-session.

  Application will crash if there is an attempt to close it or scroll
  through fonts. On one occasion my laptop was rendered unusable when
  Firefox was launched while trying to report the crash to Launchpad.

  After the bug report has been sent gnome-font-viewer will freeze when
  automatically restarted. No fonts are displayed.

  Work around
  -----------
  gnome-font-viewer appears to start correctly when started from the command
line of my Ubuntu 20.04 installation. Then subsequent attempts to start the
program succeed when started from the dock or the Application Overview.

  I have found that this work around wasn't necessary when using Xubuntu
  20.04.

  ProblemType: Crash
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 19.10
  Package: gnome-font-viewer 3.34.0-1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.3.0-10.11-generic 5.3.0-rc8
  CasperVersion: 1.416
  CurrentDesktop: XFCE