Since bug 1852183 is released this is fixed for many but not all cases.
More people chime in to be affected and there seems to be a spike of KDE users
in that (which makes sense as they won't see a mutter change have any effect
for them I guess).

We already had a PPA [1] to try with something that fits the SRU policy
[2] better but most likely won't help (yet would be great if it does).

Furthermore I now created a PPA with the bigger fix [3] backported to
focal. That might be a harder ride through the SRU policy, but if that
is the only thing fixing it we might need to consider it (we can then
still break out the patches of 0.20 as needed).

I'd ask affected people to test both not just shortly but for quite a
while as we all know these kind of issues are sometimes flaky and
transient. Then please here give me feedback on how these PPAs would
behave.

[1]: https://launchpad.net/~ci-train-ppa-service/+archive/ubuntu/4060
[2]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates
[3]: https://launchpad.net/~ci-train-ppa-service/+archive/ubuntu/4076

P.S. also if you have multiple annoying issues after an upgrade that is
sad to hear, but lets keep this bug about clipboard copy issues please
and spawn other bugs for other - not necessarily related - problems.

Packages, which is subscribed to spice-vdagent in Ubuntu.

  Clipboard doesn't work 100% of the time in Ubuntu 20.04 (in KVM
  guests)

Status in qemu package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in spice package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in spice-protocol package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in spice-vdagent package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in virt-manager package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in spice-protocol source package in Focal:
  Incomplete
Status in spice-vdagent source package in Focal:
  Incomplete
Status in spice-vdagent package in Debian:
  Fix Released
Status in spice package in Fedora:
  Unknown

Bug description:
  https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/spice/linux/vd_agent/issues/9

  ---

  I'm testing Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (Focal Fossa) Beta.

  I installed Kubuntu 20.04 and virt-manager as I did many times on
  Ubuntu 18.04. Unfortunatelly when I run a VM (QEMU-KVM, libvirt,
  libspice-server1 and spice-vdagent) with another Kubuntu 20.04 guest
  or with Ubuntu 20.04 guest then clipboard doesn't work right.

  To test it, please install Kubuntu 20.04 and then install Kubuntu /
  Ubuntu 20.04 as VM (guest). Open some simple text editor and start
  Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V plain text. 90% of time it will work and 10% of
  time it won't.

  Package: virt-manager 1:2.2.1-3ubuntu1
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: KDE
  Date: Mon Apr 13 15:02:22 2020
  InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 20.04 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Beta amd64 (20200401)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: virt-manager