** Tags removed: rls-ff-incoming

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock in
Ubuntu.

  gnome-shell leaks hundreds of megabytes when the dock option 'show-
  trash' is enabled.

Status in gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock package in Ubuntu:

  Gnome shell is the single largest resident memory user on my system.

  It was hovering at ~700mb, then with a few minutes of use of the
  system (nothing in particular, mostly shell windows, one google-chrome
  window) - spiked to ~980mb or so, before retreating to 903m.

  Even with 16gb of ram, that's a huge chunk of the system.

  I've not been able to identify anything in particular that I'm doing
  that triggers the growth.

  In https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-
  shell/+bug/1856838/comments/5, it was suggested to open a new bug,
  instead of adding to one of the several existing bugs for this.  I'm
  happy to help try and debug this, but it's not clear where to start.

  Package: gnome-shell 3.36.1-5ubuntu1
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sun May  3 17:32:52 2020
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
(20180725)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 3.36.1-3ubuntu3
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to focal on 2020-04-18 (15 days ago)