Thank you for reporting this bug and make ubuntu better!

Please when filing bugs on ubuntu use ubuntu-bug packagename in the future
so relevant system info gets pulled into your bug and developers can debug
a better way.

You can still pull the info in your existing bug with: apport-collect 1881273
in this stage, thank you!

  Redo folder copy: incorrect recursion

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  I did the following:
  - I copied folder `/somewhere/my-folder` to the same parent folder
`/somewhere`, yielding `/somewhere/my-folder (copy)`.
  - I pressed ctrl+Z to undo this action (and confirmed), correctly causing
`/somewhere/my-folder (copy)` to disappear.
  - I pressed shift+ctrl+Z to redo this action.

  This resulted not only in the reappearance of `/somewhere/my-folder (copy)`
with the correct contents, but the file `/somewhere/my-folder/has/a/child.txt`
was copied several times. I got:
  `/somewhere/my-folder (copy)/has/a/child.txt` (correct)
  `/somewhere/my-folder/has (copy)/a/child.txt` (wrong)
  `/somewhere/my-folder/has/a (copy)/child.txt` (wrong)
  `/somewhere/my-folder/has/a/child (copy).txt` (wrong)