Jerky scrolling in 20.04 both with 2-finger scrolling on touchpad or using the
wireless mouse. Doesn't matter if only one is plugged ing.
AMD-4130 CPU, GeForce Gt 720/PCIe/SSE2, Ubu 20.04. M5A97 LE R2.0 motherboard.

Smooth scrolling on 16.04, 18.04 with same hw above.

How to Fix?

Happy to try anything (well, almost) you'd like.

Thanks,

Ken

  No smooth scrolling on Firefox (and Chrome)

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  I'm on Ubuntu Beta 20.04 and I observe that smooth scrolling is not
  working in Firefox or Chrome, while it works well in other apps, like
  Nautilus/Files GNOME settings or within GNOME shell applications
  listing.

  I tried with Firefox in safe mode (so without any extension) with the
  same result. I also tried with a completely new GNOME user account
  (without any customization), with the same result. While I'm not so
  used to Chrome, it seems that smooth scrolling is not working with it
  either.

  Another test I did is to boot from a Fedora Workstation 32 Beta USB
  stick (with GNOME) and the smooth scrolling was working well in
  Firefox.