Ah ok I missed the LXQt desktop.. my guess is it is specific to LUbuntu
since I tested regular gnome based ubuntu. Ill try it on a fresh LUbuntu
system tomorrow.

** Tags added: rls-ff-incoming

  broken kerning

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  I am just trying to debug a problem with impress I have after
  upgrading from 18.04 to 20.04:

  On some, not on all slides, text becomes

  - unreadable due to negative kerning, i.e. characters are shifted so
  close together that they are overlapping

  - one slide even invisible.

  Strangely, the effect occurs
  - with libreoffice as a debian package
  - with libreoffice as an AppImage downloaded from libreoffice.org
  - *but not* with libreoffice as a snap (which doesn't solve the problem
because of other problems of accessing local fonts)

  Unfortunately, I can't give the slides as an example, they're strictly
  confidential. But I'm trying to build an example.

  Just to bring people together who experience the same problem.

  Package: libreoffice 1:6.4.3-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.2
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: LXQt