Butterfly (kelebek333),

Thank you for the 3 patches listed in Post #5 provided by Milhouse, they
work perfectly by themselves for Linux Kernel 5.7 with Nvidia driver
340.108. No other patches are necessary.

Both kernel modules (nvidia & nvidia_uvm) are built nicely and work
well!

I'm looking forward for the next Nvidia driver patch(es) (if they are
needed) for soon to be released Linux Kernel 5.8-rc+.

Thank you very much again!

ejmarkow

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-340 in Ubuntu.

  Nvidia 340.108 fails to install with kernels 5.5 and 5.6

Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-340 package in Ubuntu:

  Hi developers,

  thanks for your great work on porting legacy drivers to Ubuntu.

  Anyway I have to complain in not seeing Nvidia 340.108 driver for
  kernels 5.5 and 5.6 yet, leaving users stuck on kernel 5.4,
  because Nvidia 340.108 fails to install with kernels 5.5 and 5.6.

  Archlinux already has a driver for Kernel 5.6 via AUR
  (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/nvidia-340xx/) and Debian SID has
  one for kernel 5.5.

  So, the question is: when will we see a new version in repositories?

  Bye and have a nice day.