How can I help to fix this bug?

I can easely reproduce it easely on three differnt computers (one new
install, and two upgraded from 19.10).

The only workaround that I have found is to install xubuntu-desktop or
lubuntu-desktop. I cannot use "Ubuntu Wayland" because libreoffice
becomes sluggish (I can't reproduce it reliably, it seems completely
random) and because it has limited remote desktop functionality.

Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.

  copy/paste still sometimes fails in LibreOffice on mutter 3.36.2

Status in Mutter:
  New
Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:

  In Ubuntu 19.10 and 20.04 there was a bug that caused copy and paste
  operations to fail pretty often: the text that was pasted was not the
  text that was just copied.  See the long discussion at bug #1852183.
  The bug was recently marked closed, since the package mutter -
  3.36.2-1ubuntu1~20.04.1 landed in focal-updates and makes the bug
  occur much less frequently.

  Unfortunately the bug still exists, and is not difficult to reproduce.
  I am running Ubuntu 20.04 and have the new 3.36.2-1ubuntu1~20.04.1
  version of mutter.  I just opened two LibreOffice Writer windows side
  by side, and repeatedly selected some text in the left window, copied
  it, then attempted to paste it into the right window.  In my
  experiment, approximately 1 in every 20 paste operations failed: it
  did not paste the text that was just copied, but instead the text that
  was copied before that.

  Now, an error rate of 1 in 20 may not seem so bad.  On the other hand,
  if you spend all day writing a document and copy and paste dozens of
  times during the day, then you may hit this bug multiple times per day
  (as I have been recently), which is a significant annoyance.

  I tested in LibreOffice since that is where I have seen the bug most
  often, but I have also seen it occur in other applications as well.