Same problem here using Samsung M2875FW.

Packages, which is subscribed to sane-backends in Ubuntu.

  Document Scan fails on Samsung CLX 3305W: Not a JPEG file: starts with
  0x00 0x00

Status in sane-backends package in Ubuntu:

  Dear support team,

  after an upgrade to 20.04 LTS, I cannot scan documents > 75 dpi
  (draft) on a Samsung CLX 3305W MFP. It is attached via WLAN interface
  and makes use of the sane backend, configured in
  /etc/sane.d/xerox_mfp.conf, with a properly configured tcp line. (it
  worked in the past on 18.04 LTS)

  1) Release:
  lsb_release -rd
  Release:      20.04
  - in addition I use the official Univeral Linux Drivers from Samsung
uld_V1.00.39_01.17.tar.gz

  2) Attached file with libsane* versions see: package_versions.txt

  3) Scanning with a resolution > 75dpi should work.

  4.) What happens during a scan with a resolution > 75dpi
  - Samsung CLX-3305W device is properly detected, scans, but crashes before
showing the document on the GUI.

  - simple-scan, xsane and scanimage fail with every selected resolution
selected with the same error:
  Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x00 0x00

  Please find files attached:
  - simple scan console dump SANE Debug level 4)
  - dll.conf

  It would be great to have this issue solved.

  Thanks for your support !
  Elmar