Happens for me on Ubuntu 20.04

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-settings-daemon in Ubuntu.

  "Printer added" notification

Status in GNOME Settings Daemon:
  Confirmed
Status in gnome-settings-daemon package in Ubuntu:

  I've recently installed Ubuntu 17.10 (Gnome shell). After a while I
  saw an OSD notification with the message "printer added", and thought
  that must be because of the new driverless printers feature in the
  kernel. I have a brother printer in the network, and I tested it and
  it worked. The thing is that the message repeats itself, approximately
  every two minutes, and it's really distracting. I saw a question about
  this on AskUbuntu (https://askubuntu.com/questions/918462/ubuntu-17-04
  -printer-added-notifications-under-gnome), and a solution, but it
  seemed like no one had filed a bug report.