Thank you Davide, I did what you said to install the hsqldb driver and
it worked perfectly. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

  LibreOffice Base will not load my odb file. I get an error messge

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  I just upgraded to LTS 20.04. For a data base that worked perfectly under LTS
18.04,afterloading my database NamesU.odb, when I try to open any table, query
or Form, I get the error messageI get the message:
  "The connection to the data source "NamesU" could not be established.
  he connection to the external data source could not be established. No SDBC
driver was found for the URL 'sdbc:embedded:hsqldb".

  Please help by telling me how to fix this. Thank you,

  Hugh Lupien

  Package: ubuntu-release-upgrader-core 1:20.04.18
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CrashDB: ubuntu
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Mon Apr 27 15:01:45 2020
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64 (20180426)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: ubuntu-release-upgrader
  Symptom: dist-upgrade
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to focal on 2020-04-23 (3 days ago)
  VarLogDistupgradeTermlog: