Created attachment 9163882
TB Printer Options.png

Hi, so as you ask me I will share some "insights".
First, I use Ubuntu 20.04 with the nice Unity desktop environment. Others may
show different.

Almost all views in the TB printer dialogue are perfectly localized to German
with one exception, the advanced tab shows the options in English, and only for
2 of the 3 HP printer drivers I have installed, see screen shot. Also a
different count of options is shown for the 3 drivers, and for the HP PS driver
there is an additional tab "Printer quality".
As far as I guess, the translations and options come from the
/etc/cups/ppd*.ppd files, shipped by the driver. for example, the file for the
HP PS driver has 137 kb whereas the 2 others have only 14 kb. The first
contains several translations, whereas the 2 smaller have only English items.
Don't know from where the translated items in the TB dialogue come from.
The print dialogue for TB and the PDF viewer are the same, so they seem to come
from the OS, but the printer dialogue for LibreOffice looks very different.

Hope that helps!

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  Print dialog is only partially localized in KDE

Status in Mozilla Thunderbird:
  Invalid
Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu:

  I changed the langueage of my thunderbird client from English to German. Most
parts of Thunderbird are now in German, but the pring dialog settings is still
in English.
  I use Kubuntu 20.04.

  Package: thunderbird 1:68.8.0+build2-0ubuntu0.20.04.2
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.3
  Architecture: amd64
  BuildID: 20200504155042
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: KDE
  Date: Sun Jul  5 14:52:31 2020
  DefaultProfileExtensions: extensions.sqlite corrupt or missing
  DefaultProfileIncompatibleExtensions: Unavailable (corrupt or non-existant
compatibility.ini or extensions.sqlite)
  DefaultProfileLocales: extensions.sqlite corrupt or missing
  DefaultProfilePrefErrors: Unexpected character ',' before close parenthesis @
/usr/lib/thunderbird/omni.ja:greprefs.js:1138
  DefaultProfileThemes: extensions.sqlite corrupt or missing
  InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 20.04 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Release amd64 (20200423)
  Profiles:
   Profile1 (Default) - LastVersion=None/None (Out of date)
   Profile0 - LastVersion=68.8.0/20200504155042 (In use)
  SourcePackage: thunderbird