** Description changed:

- This is for tracking purpose.
+ [Impact]
+ On the LENOVO AMD renoir machines, there is a digital mic directly connected
+ to the APU instead of the codec, so there are two separate sound cards in the
+ system, one is for analogue codec driven by hda driver, the other is for the
+ dmic driven by ASoC acp driver.
+
+ The current audio stack (pulseaudio + alsa-ucm-conf + alsa-lib) doesn't
+ support this design yet, it could support all audio devices on the codec
+ well, but it doesn't support that dmic well. In the gnome-control-center,
+ the dmic becomes two input devices: analog input and multichannel input,
+ and users can only record sound from analog input, the multichannel input
+ can't function at all. Besides this issue, there is another issue, after
+ users plug an external mic, the external mic can't replace the dmic
+ automatically, this gives users a bad experience since this behaviour is
+ different from the other audio designs.
+
+ [Fix for pulseaudio]
+ we need to backport 3 patches:
+ 2ae94c141f device-port: queue CARD CHANGE event before update default sink
+ c8653c13fa alsa: adjust ucm sink/source priority according to ports priority
+ A patch not merged by upstream:
+ https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/-/merge_requests/305
+
+ [Test Case]
+ On the AMD renoir machines:
+ Boot the system with these updated packages (already backported kernel drivers
+ to focal and oem-5.6 kernels), open the gnome-control-center, we could see
+ the digital mic in the input device tab, and only one input device. we could
+ record sound through this dmic, we could play sound through the speaker, plug
+ a headset, we could see the output device become headphones and the input
+ device become headset mic, we could play sound to headphone and record sound
+ from headset mic, plug a hdmi monitor, there is hdmi audio choice, play sound
+ to hdmi audio, we could hear the sound from the speaker on the monitor.
Suspend
+ and resume, redo the previous steps, all audio devices still work well.
+
+ On other machines:
+ Boot the system with all updated packages or partial updated packages, check
+ all input devices and output devices, they worked as the same as before. this
+ SRU doesn't bring any impact on other machines.
+
+ [Regression Risk]
+ Low

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Make digital mic on the AMD renoir machines work under gnome desktop

Status in alsa-lib package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in alsa-ucm-conf package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in alsa-lib source package in Focal:
  New
Status in alsa-ucm-conf source package in Focal:
  New
Status in pulseaudio source package in Focal:
  New
Status in alsa-lib source package in Groovy:
  New
Status in alsa-ucm-conf source package in Groovy:
  New
Status in pulseaudio source package in Groovy: