Thank you

I added myself in the lp group

antoine@Talos:~$ groups antoine
antoine : antoine adm cdrom sudo dip plugdev lpadmin lxd sambashare
antoine@Talos:~$ sudo adduser $USER lp
[sudo] Mot de passe de antoine :
Ajout de l'utilisateur antoine au groupe lp
Fait.
antoine@Talos:~$ groups antoine
antoine : antoine adm lp cdrom sudo dip plugdev lpadmin lxd sambashare
antoine@Talos:~$

then I tried simple-scan and it is working

This issue is fixed for me, I do not know why I was not in the lp group

Packages, which is subscribed to sane-backends in Ubuntu.

  Can not scan as user

Status in sane-backends package in Ubuntu:

  # Description

  I can not scan as user using software like simple-scan or xsane.
  If I run xsane and simple-scan with sudo, I can use my scanner.

  It seems to be a permission issue

  # Step to reproduce

  1. Start xsane or simple-scan as user
  2. xsane and simple-scan fail to scan, "device is not connected"
  3. Start xsane or simple-scan with sudo
  4. It works, you can scan

  # Infos

  xubuntu 20.04