CurrentDesktop: MATE
Date: Thu Aug  6 13:05:12 2020
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-MATE 20.04 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Release amd64
(20200423)
Snap.ChromeDriverVersion: ChromeDriver 84.0.4147.105
(a6b12dfad6663f13a7e16e9a42a6a4975374096b-refs/branch-heads/4147@{#943})
Snap.ChromiumVersion: Chromium 84.0.4147.105 snap
SourcePackage: chromium-browser

** Affects: chromium-browser (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug focal

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  Chromium (snap) UI elements are too small even on non Hi-DPI display.

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:

  On this system, for some reason I have to always modify the launchers for
Chromium in order to get the UI elements (bookmarks in the bookmark bar, tabs,
etc) with this flag '--force-device-scale-factor=1' but even then if I click on
a link in an email it opens Chromium with the tiny UI elements, despite my
efforts to try and make it open as it should.
  This is REEEAAAALLY ANNOYING and didn't use to happen in the normal .deb/APT
version of Chromium but as we all know now Canonical prefers to shove this
nonsense down users' throats whether they like it or not just like Apple does.
But besides that I'm not going to go down this argument here as there is no
point, but there is not other way for me to fix this but report this bug.

  Expected behaviour: Chromium should open with scale factor 1 by
  default.

  Package: chromium-browser 83.0.4103.97-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.6
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: MATE