Thank you for reporting this bug to Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 19.10 (eoan) reached end-of-life on July 17, 2020.

See this document for currently supported Ubuntu releases:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases

We appreciate that this bug may be old and you might not be interested
in discussing it any more. But if you are then please upgrade to the
latest Ubuntu version and re-test. If you then find the bug is still
present in the newer Ubuntu version, please add a comment here telling
us which new version it is in and change the bug status to Confirmed.

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: mutter (Ubuntu)

  Desktop zoom makes app windows unresponsive to the mouse in Wayland
  sessions

Status in Mutter:
  Won't Fix
Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in mutter package in Fedora:
  Unknown

Bug description:
  I tried to use the gnome magnifier after updating to 19.10 today.
  After enabling zoom from the control panel, I could no longer send
  mouse input anywhere other than the desktop.  This made it impossible
  to turn zoom off using the mouse and it doesn't seem to be possible to
  turn off using keyboard navigation either.

  Package: gnome-shell 3.34.1-1ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME