I can confirm the behaviour Muench describes on Ubuntu 20.04 with LO
6.4.4.2.

  Impress embeded video files show flickering white stripes

Status in LibreOffice:
  Unknown
Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  I have slide shows with embeded video files from previous versions of
LibreOffice / Impress and they all worked well. If I play the video files with
Ubuntu 18.04 and LibreOffice 6.0.7.3 they show flickering white stripes. the
stripes are about 1 centimeter wide and move up and down in the picture of the
video.

  Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Embed a video file in a slide show.
  2. Play the slide show / the video.

  Actual Results:
  The video plays but shows a disrupted picture with whiteish flickering
stripes.

  Expected Results:
  The video should play as it is in a video player whithout a disrupted picture.

  It seems to be connected wit hardware acceleration, that is greyed out. The
newest appimage of LibreOffice is working as expected
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.5
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Alpha amd64 (20180409)
  Package: libreoffice 1:6.0.7-0ubuntu0.18.04.2
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  Tags:  bionic
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.5
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Alpha amd64 (20180409)
  Package: libreoffice 1:6.0.7-0ubuntu0.18.04.2
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  Tags: third-party-packages bionic
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare scanner sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True