Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.
** Changed in: sane-backends (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Confirmed
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to sane-backends in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1726163
Title:
pixma displays generic I/O error when scanner carriage is locked
Status in sane-backends package in Ubuntu:
Confirmed
Bug description:
trying to get a brand new Canon Canoscan 9000F Mark II working on my
father-in-law's Ubuntu 16.04.2 system.
'scanimage -L' works
'scanimage -T' returns an I/O error
I spent quite a while trying to debug an I/O error, trying different versions
of libsane etc.
even after I set various SANE_DEBUG env vars I still missed the text in the
response XML message, ScannerCarriageLockError.
I'm ~16,000km away from this scanner so I didn't notice my father-in-law
hadn't unlocked it after setting it up. Without setting SANE_DEBUG env vars
there's no way anyone is going to guess this from the output from scanimage.
Hoping to save the next poor soul some grief :)
# sane-find-scanner | grep ^found
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x190d [CanoScan]) at
libusb:001:009
# scanimage -L
device `pixma:04A9190D' is a CANON Canoscan 9000F Mark II multi-function
peripheral
$ sane-find-scanner | grep ^found
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x190d [CanoScan]) at
libusb:001:009
$ scanimage -L
device `pixma:04A9190D' is a CANON Canoscan 9000F Mark II multi-function
peripheral
looks good so far.
# scanimage -T
FAIL Error: Error during device I/O
# export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=10
# scanimage -T
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of pixma to 10.
[pixma] pixma is compiled with pthread support.
[pixma] pixma version 0.17.37
[pixma] pixma_collect_devices() found Canoscan 9000F Mark II at libusb:001:009
[pixma] WARNING:No serial number
[pixma] pixma_find_scanners() found 1 devices
[pixma] pixma_collect_devices() found Canoscan 9000F Mark II at libusb:001:009
[pixma] WARNING:No serial number
[pixma] pixma_open(): Canoscan 9000F Mark II
[pixma] Reader task started
[pixma]
[pixma] pixma_scan(): start
[pixma] line_size=1914 image_size=1678578 channels=3 depth=8
[pixma] dpi=75x75 offset=(0,0) dimension=638x877
[pixma] gamma_table=0x23580a8 source=0
[pixma] threshold=127 threshold_curve=0
[pixma] adf-wait=0
[pixma] ADF page count: 0
[pixma] OUT T=10.608 len=288
[pixma] 00000000:3c 3f 78 6d 6c 20 76 65 72 73 69 6f 6e 3d 22 31
[pixma] 00000010:2e 30 22 20 65 6e 63 6f 64 69 6e 67 3d 22 75 74
[pixma] ......
[pixma] ...
[pixma]
[pixma] Reader task id=140421529040640 (threaded)
scanimage: scanning image of size 638x877 pixels at 24 bits/pixel
scanimage: acquiring RGB frame, 8 bits/sample
scanimage: reading one scanline, 1914 bytes... [pixma] IN T=10.611 len=391
[pixma] 00000000:3c 3f 78 6d 6c 20 76 65 72 73 69 6f 6e 3d 22 31
[pixma] 00000010:2e 30 22 20 65 6e 63 6f 64 69 6e 67 3d 22 75 74
[pixma] ......
[pixma] ...
[pixma] XML message sent to scanner:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><cmd
xmlns:ivec="http://www.canon.com/ns/cmd/2008/07/common/"><ivec:contents><ivec:operation>StartJob</ivec:operation><ivec:param_set
servicetype="scan"><ivec:jobID>00000001</ivec:jobID><ivec:bidi>1</ivec:bidi></ivec:param_set></ivec:contents></cmd>
[pixma] XML response back from scanner:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<cmd xmlns:ivec="http://www.canon.com/ns/cmd/2008/07/common/">
<ivec:contents>
<ivec:operation>StartJobResponse</ivec:operation>
<ivec:param_set servicetype="scan">
<ivec:response>NG</ivec:response>
<ivec:response_detail>ScannerCarriageLockError</ivec:response_detail>
<ivec:jobID/>
</ivec:param_set>
</ivec:contents>
</cmd>
[pixma] pixma_scan() failed EPROTO
[pixma] Reader task terminated: EPROTO
[pixma] read_image():reader task closed the pipe:0 bytes received, 1678578
bytes expected
FAIL Error: Error during device I/O
[pixma] pixma_close(): Canoscan 9000F Mark II
# lsb_release -rd
Description: Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS
Release: 16.04
# apt-cache policy libsane
libsane:
Installed: 1.0.27-xenial1
Candidate: 1.0.27-xenial1
Version table:
*** 1.0.27-xenial1 500
500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/rolfbensch/sane-release/ubuntu
xenial/main amd64 Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
1.0.25+git20150528-1ubuntu2.16.04.1 500
500 http://au.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates/main amd64
Packages
1.0.25+git20150528-1ubuntu2 500
500 http://au.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial/main amd64 Packages
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sane-backends/+bug/1726163/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp