Thanks for following up!

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

  Firefox crashes on logout

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Every time I logout or shutdown the system with firefox open, it will
  generate a crash report in about:crashes. However, there is no crash
  dump in /var/crash.

  I noticed this before I upgraded from 18.04 LTS recently, and at first
  I thought the crash went away after the upgrade, but sadly it's not
  the case.

  I've tested with a fresh new user, with the same result. I'm running
  Xubuntu 20.04.1 LTS.

  This may be the same bug as bug #73536 ( Mozilla Bugzilla #336193),
  but I can't be sure.

  To reproduce:

  Open firefox. Logout with firefox window open. login again and check
  "about:crashes" in firefox.

  The output of:

  lsb_release -a; uname -a; apt-cache policy firefox

  No LSB modules are available.
  Distributor ID: Ubuntu
  Release: 20.04
  Codename: focal
  Linux celia 5.4.0-42-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 10 00:24:02 UTC 2020
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
  firefox:
    Installed: 79.0+build1-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
    Candidate: 79.0+build1-0ubuntu0.20.04.1