I'm glad to hear that!

Hmm.. The only thing which might be related, AFAIU, is item 3. OTOH you
said you tried that before...

Probably this was just one of those subtle glitches whose cause will
keep being a mystery. ;)

Packages, which is subscribed to ibus-libpinyin in Ubuntu.

  ibus-libpinyin can not export user phrases

Status in ibus-libpinyin:
  New
Status in ibus-libpinyin package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  System: Ubuntu 20.04; English is the default language; ibus-libpinyin
  is installed by adding input sources through settings.

  After enabling "Remember every input as a phrase" option, ibus-
  libpinyin is supposed to be able to import and export user phrases.

  However, although the export button works, it exports to a blank
  document (the exported file type I used is txt). I also tried to
  import a pinyin data file I used on Ubuntu 18.04 first, and then
  export, but I still got a blank document.

  I have checked that dependencies on
https://github.com/libpinyin/ibus-libpinyin/wiki/Installation#ibus-libpinyin-dependencies
  are all satisfied except that libpinyin13 is on my system instead on
libpinyin.can not export user phrases.

  This bug was reported to the maintainer's github issue:
  https://github.com/libpinyin/ibus-libpinyin/issues/277