Hello Telework Inc. on 09.09.20 um 17:26 you wrote:

> That’s an extremely limited perspective, Stefan. My point is that ideally,
> nobody would push a version of mutter with a massive bug that breaks
> desktops around the world in the first place.

OK, you state it's a massive bug breaking desktops. Is this really true?
Is it a security issue? Are you not able to use the desktop because of
this bug?

IMHO it's just a minor issue causing an annoying graphics design. I even
would never have taken notice of the bug on my system if not a forum
user of https://ubuntuusers.de/ asked for help there. How many users do
experience this bug?

> As I said, it is extremely embarrassing. Defending bad software design is
> even more embarrassing. It’s not asking for “free lunch” to say that
> packages in the universe repos should be free of critical bugs, I have no
> idea what kind of uninspired simpleton would defend a major package staying
> broken for several months.

OK, packages in universe repo should be free of critical bugs. But as we
all know, bugs are phenomena in software engineering, that can occur due
to human nature of programmers. Nobody's perfect thus no human work is
ever perfect. I'm very sure there are good reasons for the delay.

My guess is simply there's not enough manpower in regard to the severity
of the mutter bug. Software engineering is a very time consuming task
and good code doesn't come from heaven.

If you are skilled enough to contribute code, why don't you help but
instead complain?

Best regards,

Stefan

--
stefan.czinczoll[at]arcor.de
https://schollsky.jimdofree.com

Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.

  Shell text is too small in mutter 3.36.4-0ubuntu0.20.04.2

Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in mutter source package in Focal:

  See also bug 1892521.

  The package mutter version (3.36.4-0ubuntu0.20.04.2) for Ubuntu 20.04
  causes small text in GNOME Shell menu with  NVIDIA cards.

  With a previous version (3.36.4-0ubuntu0.20.04.1) all works fine. The problem
is after update to the (3.36.4-0ubuntu0.20.04.2).
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.8
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 20.04.1 2020.08.15 LTS "Custom Focal Fossa"
(20200815)
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  Package: mutter 3.36.4-0ubuntu0.20.04.2
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  Tags:  focal
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin lxd plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True
  modified.conffile..etc.default.apport:
   # set this to 0 to disable apport, or to 1 to enable it
   # you can temporarily override this with
   # sudo service apport start force_start=1
   enabled=0
  mtime.conffile..etc.default.apport: 2020-08-15T17:44:36