That's a little bit obscure. If it takes chrome-remote-desktop to
trigger problems then perhaps open a new bug for that, by running:

  ubuntu-bug gnome-shell

Unless other people find this bug is still occurring for them with basic
gnome-shell in 20.04...

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  wacom invisible mouse pointer in wayland

Status in GNOME Shell:
Status in xorg-server package in Ubuntu:

  After upgrading to Ubuntu 17.10, I connected my Wacom Intuos tablet,
  which has touch and pen functionality.

  Controlling the mouse pointer through the touch functionality seems to
  work fine, but using the stylus produced very strange behaviour,
  depending the program.

  - With Firefox there there are two pointers - one that is moving in
  accordance with the stylus movements, and one stays put at the
  position, when the stylus movement was detected.

  - With Darktable the mouse pointer becomes invisible, once it's moved
  inside of the application window (it registers clicks though). Once
  the pointer is moved outside of the application window, it appears
  again.

  I'm running Ubuntu inside of a wayland session.

  libwacom2: 0.24-1