Public bug reported:

When Ubuntu is running in a virtual machine scrolling in Chromium stops
working when moving the mouse even the slightest. Also the first scroll
step is always ignored after moving the mouse. This results in a very
uneven scrolling which is very difficult to use. Scrolling works
perfectly in other applications like for example Firefox.

This bug seems to have appeared in Ubuntu 16.04.0, as all Ubuntu
releases before 16.04 works correctly, while all releases after 16.04
are affected by this bug. Ubuntu is not the only distro that has this
bug, but there are also several distros that are not affected by it.

My current testing have shown the following distros to be affected:
- Arch Linux
- Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon
- Manjaro XFCE 20.1
- OpenSUSE Tumbleweed
- Ubuntu 16.04, 18.04, 20.04

And the following distros and operating systems are NOT affected:
- Centos 8
- Debian 10 (Buster)
- DragonFly BSD 5.8.1
- Fedora 32
- GhostBSD 20.08.04
- Ubuntu 12.04 to 15.10
- Windows 10

The fact that there are current updated distros that are unaffected
indicates to me that this is probably not a bug in Chromium upstream,
but I've not been able to pinpoint whether the problem is caused by
something in the Chromium packaged by Ubuntu or some other difference in
the system like the kernel or system libraries.

I have already reported the bug to Chromium, link to the bug report
here: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1128405.

There is also another bug report here:
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1100179

I've already spent well over a week trying to troubleshoot this issue. I'm
willing to do most of the work myself, but I really need some guidance as to
what are the best next steps in troubleshooting this. Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

** Affects: chromium-browser (Ubuntu)

** Affects: chromium (Arch Linux)

** Tags: chromium scroll virtualbox vmware

** Tags added: scroll

** Tags added: chromium virtualbox vmware

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  Scrolling in Chromium stops working when moving mouse when running in
  virtual machine

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in chromium package in Arch Linux: