Already tried.
Too time wasted.
You say: it is not our fault. LibreOffice say: it is not our fault.
Apechefriends say: it is not our fault. Now it turns out it's the users fault.
What a nightmare!
We were never asked to jump through hoops to get mysql-direct-connector to
work. Why we are being asked now?
Thank you.

  mysql-direct-connector not working

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  After upgrading to (k)ubuntu 20.04.1, both with LibreOffice 6.4. and
LibreOffice 7, mysql direct connector doesn't work any more (unlike in
(k)ubuntu 18.04 and LO 6.0).
   Mysql (mariadb, installed with lampp) is perfectly working in browsers: I
can see php+mysql pages in localhost, without any problem.
     But if I try to open a database odb connected with mysql I get an error
message
  [code]
      Code:

      SQL Status: HY000
      Error code: 2003
      Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (111)
/build/libreoffice-ron9it/libreoffice-7.0.0~rc3/connectivity/source/drivers/mysqlc/mysqlc_general.cxx:119
  [/code]
      I believe that is a problem of mysql-connector provided with Ubuntu, in
the past so useful (because LO extension are not working).