Ubuntu version : 20.04
How to trigger :

1) Lauch nautilus
2) Type CTRL-L
3) Type ftp://<ip address of an FTP server that only accepts active connections>
4) The dialog opens and asks for an anonymous connection or a username and a
password.
5) Type an username and password
6) Nautilus is stuck trying to load the directory.

The FTP I'm trying to connect to is private, so I can't share the IP address.
Using command-line FTP, it is possible to retrieve the directory listing or
download a file only after exiting passive mode.

Packages, which is subscribed to gvfs in Ubuntu.

  gvfs FTP only does passive connections

Status in gvfs package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: gvfs

  Connections to FTP servers that require an active connection fail.

  While this can be seen as a feature request, it can also be considered
  a bug because it does not implement FTP functionality correctly.

  Suggested solution: Checkbox active/passive in "connect to server"
  dialogue box. No idea on how to implement it when connecting to an FTP
  via the address bar.