(In reply to Nate Graham from comment #41)
> ....
> Even if there's no explicit Qt support (is this still true?) we could still
> implement it ourselves on the KDE side.
I should note that Qt support is explicitly "good" for X11, and Wayland seems 
ready for up to 16 buttons. The reasons why I should no longer be the assignee 
are (1) the fact that I am unqualified to make the 'visionary' choices: which 
buttons should default to which actions; and (2) the glue which must hold it 
together (clicks -> signals and slots for "actions") and (3) making coherent 
updates for all of the programs which should perhaps make use of 
higher-numbered buttons.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-control-center in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/62949

Title:
  No way to configure mouse button number

Status in kdelibs:
  Unknown
Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in gnome-system-tools package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in kde4libs package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Using kde-systemsettings, I can't configure my 6 button mouse. It
  would be interesting to just have a way to say "this mouse has X
  buttons".

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/kdelibs/+bug/62949/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to