Possible workaround until this bug gets fixed:
I made my own shortcut in settings "/usr/bin/gnome-screenshots -i"  Then I
assigned shortcut to be print screen.  Interactive mode does remember last
saved directory so that's a safe work around for the archive.

Hope this helps somebody.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-screenshot in Ubuntu.

  Save directory for gnome-screenshots cannot be changed

Status in gnome-screenshot package in Ubuntu:

  When taking a screenshot in Ubuntu 19.10 using the shortcuts (tested
  for PrtScr and PrtScr + Shift), screenshots are saved to the Directory
  'Pictures' even if the value of org.gnome.gnome-screenshot -> auto-
  save-directory is changed to another directory. This issue occurs when
  the value is set to an absolute path but also when the path is
  preceded by 'file://'. The error does not occur when using the command
  'gnome-screenshot' in the terminal or in the tab opened by 'f2 + alt'
  (though the suggested directory in the interactive mode is 'Pictures'
  instead of the modified value). Changing the value of the auto-save-
  directory was done using either the terminal, the dconf-editor or the
  gnome-shell extention 'Screenshot locations' as suggested at
  https://askubuntu.com/questions/114429/default-save-directory-for-
  gnome-screenshot.

  Package: gnome-screenshot 3.33.90-1ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu8.2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME