Check out this Ask Ubuntu question for a way to handle Apple devices:

https://askubuntu.com/q/843590

But please note, though, that such an entry in /etc/default/keyboard
would switch the keys for your built-in keyboard too.

Packages, which is subscribed to xkeyboard-config in Ubuntu.

  Strange Apple keyboard behaviour (Spanish layout)

Status in xkeyboard-config package in Ubuntu:

  I have an Apple Aluminium keyboard with Spanish/Castillian layout
  connected to my laptop:

  lsusb output:

  Bus 002 Device 006: ID 05ac:0221 Apple, Inc. Aluminum Keyboard (ISO)
  Bus 002 Device 004: ID 05ac:1006 Apple, Inc. Hub in Aluminum Keyboard

  I'm running Focal:

  cat /etc/lsb-release
  DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
  DISTRIB_RELEASE=20.04
  DISTRIB_CODENAME=focal
  DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 20.04 LTS"

  I want to enable the regular Spanish keyboard layout for the laptop's
  internal keyboard and the Macintosh layout for the Apple Aluminum
  keyboard.

  When I press the key to the left of 'z' which should be '<' and I have
  the layout, I see the right key being highlighted but I get 'º' on the
  terminal

  Likewise, when I press the key to the left of '1', I see it correctly
  highlighted but I get a '<' instead of a 'º'