Yeah maybe i was a bit too early with my statement.
Everything works great with this extension, except from "real" OpenGl/ Vulkan
fullscreen applications.

For example any game (i tested Satisfactory and ROTTR) that i run in fullscreen
mode has the problem that the screen is only filled about one quarter with the
actual game, the rest is all black or sometimes just flickering stuff.
On the upside, when you really want to play a game like that, it doesn't clip
over the second screen anymore like it did with the extension disabled.

I have the same problem with Kodi, that is also a OpenGL application
iirc.

I mean you could turn on the extension everytime you start a game/
fullscreen application... But that is really inconvenient.

I can't imagine how so few people have this problem. Is the combination
of a HiDPI and FullHD monitor with fractional scaling enabled so rare
...?

Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.

  Can't fullscreen, or windows get automatically un-fullscreened, when
  using fractional scaling

Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:

  Same issue as this one: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source
  /gnome-shell/+bug/1863391

  Some websites like YouTube will attempt to fullscreen, just not
  successfully. Other websites, like Netflix, will fullscreen for a
  second and de-fullscreen after that. Some games act weirdly in
  fullscreen mode (this might be related, as I've never had this issue
  before now: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/csgo-osx-
  linux/issues/2429).

  EDIT: This only happens when fractional scaling is enabled. My config;
  main 4K screen at 150% and secondary 1080p screen to the right at
  100%. YouTube fullscreens fine on the sec. screen (1080 100%).

  This is a gif I posted in the related bug report showing exactly what
  happens: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-
  shell/+bug/1863391/+attachment/5397743/+files/20200731_160007.gif

  Package: mutter 3.36.3-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.4
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip