** Changed in: gedit

Packages, which is subscribed to gedit in Ubuntu.

  Text editor default save directory should be ~/Documents

Status in gedit:
  Fix Released
Status in gedit package in Ubuntu:

  DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
  DISTRIB_RELEASE=8.04
  DISTRIB_CODENAME=hardy
  DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu hardy (development branch)"

  $ dpkg -l *gedit* | grep ii
  ii  gedit                                      2.21.1-0ubuntu3
official text editor of the GNOME desktop environment
  ii  gedit-common                               2.21.1-0ubuntu3
official text editor of the GNOME desktop environment

  The default directory to save files in the text editor (gedit) is in the
users home directory.
  i.e. /home/bob/

  I propose to change it, to the "Documents" subdirectory which already exist.
  So it gets saved to /home/bob/Documents/

  Else, why do we have "Pictures", "Videos", "Music" and "Documents"
  directory in our home directory, if they are not for use?