That's very good news, although there is no fonts-specific change/fix in that
revision.
That revision uses LZO compression, which trades snap size (from ~172MB to
252MB) for startup speed. I'm glad this improves the situation so
significantly! I am also working on a specific fix for font cache generation
(using the gnome-3-28 snapcraft extension to build the snap), so I'll keep this
bug open to track progress on this.

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  [snap] On Groovy, Chromium snap takes much longer to load the first
  time after reboot

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:

  I upgraded from Focal to Groovy, and now the first launch of the
  Chromium snap after a reboot is taking much longer than before. On my
  main home laptop it takes over 30 seconds, while under Focal I don't
  remember it taking more than 10 seconds.

  I tried another computer I could erase. On Groovy that computer takes
  nearly a minute to launch the Chromium snap after rebooting. Then I
  clean installed Focal on the same machine, and the Chromium snap takes
  just under 10 seconds to launch after a reboot. For both I installed
  all updates, and I let the computer sit idle for a few minutes after
  rebooting to try to rule out other activity.

  I haven’t noticed the change for any other snap, although I don’t use
  any that I ever noticed as much of a launch delay as Chromium. (VS
  Code for one doesn’t seem slower — certainly not taking nearly a
  minute — but I haven't done a real comparison like for Chromium.)

  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME