No problem. If there are no more comments after 60 days then the bug
will close automatically.

  Output Device selection messed (Line Out <-> HDMI)

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:

  [System]
  - Freshly installed Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS with 3rd party software/drivers enabled
  - pulseaudio 1:13.99.1-1ubuntu3.7
  - NVIDIA graphics card (GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost) using nvidia-driver-450
  - Monitor with build-in (stereo) speakers connected via HDMI to graphics card
  - External (stereo) speakers connected via audio jack to mainboard

  [Expected Behavior]

  1. Go to "Settings" -> "Sound" -> "Output" -> "Output Device"
  2. Switch from "HDMI / DisplayPort 2 - GK106 HDMI Audio Controller" to "Line
Out - Built-in Audio"
  3. The switching should enable the chosen output device.

  [Bug Description and Behavior]

  If I switch from "HDMI / DisplayPort 2 - GK106 HDMI Audio Controller"
  to "Line Out - Built-in Audio" and test the output, sound comes still
  from monitor speakers and not from my external speakers.

  [Workaround]

  While "HDMI / DisplayPort 2 - GK106 HDMI Audio Controller" selected,
  go to "Configuration" and switch from "Digital Stereo (HDMI 2) Output"
  to "Digital Surround 5.1 (HDMI 2) Output". Instantly "Configuration"
  row disappears, in Output Device "Line Out - Built-in Audio" is
  selected and external speakers are active.

  [Further comments]

  I'm affected by this bug and the "wrong audio output on every reboot/wake
up/login" since upgrade to 20.04 but the latter may be worth another bug report
or maybe you could guide me to an active bug report that isn't linked to a
previous Ubuntu version and already marked as fixed.
  At first I thought it may be caused by failed upgrade or my system
configurations, but now I tested with a freshly installed Ubuntu on a spare SSD
and the problem still exists, so here I am.

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.36.4-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.10
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME