Thank you for your bug report, could you do

$ journalctl -f

trigger the bug and share any warning or error which was printed there?

Do you have xdg-desktop-portal-gtk installed?

** Changed in: thunderbird (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: thunderbird (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  (Snap) Cannot add an attachment to the message

Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu:

  When writing a new mail, I cannot add an attachment to the message.

  Steps to reproduce.
  1 - Click write
  2 - Click attach

  Expected: A file choose dialog should appear.
  Actual : Nothing is shown.

  $lsb_release -rd
  Release:      20.04

  $snap info thunderbird
  name:      thunderbird
  summary:   Mozilla Thunderbird email application
  publisher: Canonical✓
  store-url: https://snapcraft.io/thunderbird
  contact:   https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/thunderbird
  license:   unset
    Thunderbird is a free and open source email, newsfeed, chat, and
calendaring client, that’s easy
    to set up and customize. One of the core principles of Thunderbird is the
use and promotion of
    open standards - this focus is a rejection of our world of closed platforms
and services that
    can’t communicate with each other. We want our users to have freedom and
choice in how they
    communicate.
  commands:
    - thunderbird
  snap-id:      k1Ml1O9GzSO2QftV0ZlWSbUfQ78nN460
  tracking:     latest/stable
  refresh-date: yesterday at 23:37 CET
  channels:
    latest/stable:    78.4.0 2020-11-03 (92) 69MB -
    latest/candidate: ↑
    latest/beta:      ↑
    latest/edge:      78.4.0 2020-11-03 (92) 69MB -
  installed:          78.4.0            (92) 69MB -