Public bug reported:

Release:        20.04

snap list | grep code result:
code                     e5a624b7                     50     latest/stable
vscode*       classic

gnome-screenshot:
  Installed: 3.36.0-1ubuntu1
  Candidate: 3.36.0-1ubuntu1
  Version table:
 *** 3.36.0-1ubuntu1 500
        500 http://ar.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

-----------------

I wanted to box-select screenshot (Ctrl+Shift+PrntSc) while in Visual studio's
 File Dropdown menu (you know, the one selected when pressing Alt) I had my
mouse on
File > Preferences > User Snippets and pressed the aforementioned keys.
3) I expected it to let me screenshot
4)Something was terribly wrong, as the screenshot never went off. My mouse
click stopped working and it seemed as if the screenshot tool was active in
some other context, as my mouse cursor changed whether I was on the dock or on
vscode window. There was no way to reverse this and I had to shutdown my
computer. I

5) It is reproducible!

Package: gnome-screenshot 3.36.0-1ubuntu1
ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.9
Architecture: amd64
CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME