CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Sun Nov 22 02:03:00 2020
LiveMediaBuild: Ubuntu 21.04 "Hirsute Hippo" - Alpha amd64 (20201120)
ProcEnviron:
 TERM=xterm-256color
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: gnome-control-center

** Affects: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug hirsute

  Brightness only works on one display, not two

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:

  Dell Inspiron 15-3567, Hirsute

  My display setup is the laptop and on the right a monitor.

  As I change my brightness, lower or higher, on the laptop the
  brightness will change but on the monitor it won't.

  Not the physical monitor brightness-that obviously can't be
  controlled-but the content of what the monitor shows should be
  dimming/brightening.  (For example if theoretically I turned the
  brightness to 0, to an all dark screen, it should be all dark on the
  monitor aswell, even if the monitor brightness is max, the OS is
  showing nothing)

  Yes, I looked through GNOME's settings daemon and this is most likely
  the package this occurs in.

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.38.1-1ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CasperVersion: 1.455