Interestingly, I just noticed in the man page that nautilus has a self-
check function. when I run `nautlius -c` and then look at journalctl, I
see the following. not sure what it means, but nautilus thinks there's a
problem:

Nov 23 02:18:45 boxxy org.gnome.Nautilus[1125330]: running 
nautilus_self_check_file_utilities
Nov 23 02:18:45 boxxy org.gnome.Nautilus[1125330]: running 
nautilus_self_check_file_operations
Nov 23 02:18:45 boxxy org.gnome.Nautilus[1125330]: running 
nautilus_self_check_directory
Nov 23 02:18:45 boxxy org.gnome.Nautilus[1125330]: FAIL: check failed in 
../src/nautilus-directory.c, line 1987
Nov 23 02:18:45 boxxy org.gnome.Nautilus[1125330]:       evaluated: 
g_hash_table_size (directories)
Nov 23 02:18:45 boxxy org.gnome.Nautilus[1125330]:        expected: 1
Nov 23 02:18:45 boxxy org.gnome.Nautilus[1125330]:             got: 8

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to nautilus in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1896138

Title:
  nautilus doesn't display thumbnails on network share

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  I've got nautilus configured to display thumbnails on network shares
  (prefs -> search&preview -> thumbnails -> all files), but in 20.04 it
  never shows thumbnails on my samba network shares. Not sure what broke
  since previous ubuntu releases, but it's definitely not working now.
  local thumbnail generation and display works fine still, so there
  isn't an issue with the thumbnail generation itself as far as I can
  tell.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 20.04
  Package: nautilus 1:3.36.3-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.4.0-47.51-lowlatency 5.4.55
  Uname: Linux 5.4.0-47-lowlatency x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair nvidia_modeset 
nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.8
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Thu Sep 17 17:22:15 2020
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2020-07-15 (64 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Release amd64 (20200423)
  SourcePackage: nautilus
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
  usr_lib_nautilus:

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/1896138/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to