Hello Keith,

Déjà Dup has been moved to a "submenu" called helper programs or the
like (I only have a translated version available so I am not sure about
the exact name here). Try searching for "Backup" that should bring the
icon up.

Please tell us if this fixes the issue or not.

** Changed in: deja-dup (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to deja-dup in Ubuntu.

  Deja-dup icon is missing only runs from terminal

Status in deja-dup package in Ubuntu:

  This is occuring just on Ubuntu 20.04 Beta for me.

  The Deja-Dup icon has gone missing from the application's menu.
  Searching for it does not yield any results via the gnome shell
  search.

  It will run if I open a terminal and type "deja-dup"

  While running from the terminal instead of the description in the top
  bar/panel being the expected "Backups" the description now reads
  "Org.gnome.DejaDup"

  All other functionality seems to work as normal when run from
  terminal.

  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling via synaptic and the Ubuntu
  Software but the issue is persisting.

  Package: deja-dup 40.6-1ubuntu2
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME