The verification of the Stable Release Update for gnome-shell-extension-
appindicator has completed successfully and the package is now being
released to -updates.  Subsequently, the Ubuntu Stable Release Updates
Team is being unsubscribed and will not receive messages about this bug
report.  In the event that you encounter a regression using the package
from -updates please report a new bug using ubuntu-bug and tag the bug
report regression-update so we can easily find any regressions.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell-extension-appindicator in
Ubuntu.

  Exported DBus interface is missing info or using wrong names

Status in gnome-shell-extension-appindicator package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-shell-extension-appindicator source package in Focal:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  [ Impact ]

  GNOME shell when using this indicator should export the
  org.kde.StatusNotifierWatcher dbus interface, although some methods
  and properties are missing or invalid

  [ Test case ]

  Run:
   gdbus call --session --dest org.gnome.Shell --object-path
/StatusNotifierWatcher \
   --method org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get "org.kde.StatusNotifierWatcher"
ProtocolVersion

  -> Should return (<0>,)

  In particular, the API should contain

   gdbus introspect --session --dest org.gnome.Shell --object-path
/StatusNotifierWatcher
  node /StatusNotifierWatcher {

    .... Default fdo properties stuff ....

    interface org.kde.StatusNotifierWatcher {
      interface org.kde.StatusNotifierWatcher {
      methods:
        RegisterStatusNotifierItem(in  s service);
        RegisterStatusNotifierHost(in  s service);
      signals:
        StatusNotifierItemRegistered(s arg_0);
        StatusNotifierItemUnregistered(s arg_0);
        StatusNotifierHostRegistered();
        StatusNotifierHostUnregistered();
      properties:
        @org.qtproject.QtDBus.QtTypeName.Out0("QStringList")
        readonly as RegisteredStatusNotifierItems = [ ... list of indicators
path/obj-names ... ];
        readonly b IsStatusNotifierHostRegistered = true;
        readonly i ProtocolVersion = 0;
    };
  };

  In the old version we had an invalid "RegisterNotificationHost" method (not
specified by specs nor used)
  We didn't expose the ProtocolVersion

  ---

  [ Regression potential ]

  We won't expose anymore some NON-STANDARD and NEVER USED dbus methods such as:
   - RegisterNotificationHost (was un-implemlented anyways)
   - ProtocolVersion (this was supposed to be a property, not a method)

  There are some changes to the interfaces xml files to follow the
  standard ones, but they don't involve any change, could happen though
  that we don't list a property that an indicator exposes lazily (don't
  think there are in real world).