The verification of the Stable Release Update for gnome-shell-extension-
appindicator has completed successfully and the package is now being
released to -updates.  Subsequently, the Ubuntu Stable Release Updates
Team is being unsubscribed and will not receive messages about this bug
report.  In the event that you encounter a regression using the package
from -updates please report a new bug using ubuntu-bug and tag the bug
report regression-update so we can easily find any regressions.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell-extension-appindicator in
Ubuntu.

  Appindicators use too much padding

Status in gnome-shell-extension-appindicator package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-shell-extension-appindicator source package in Focal:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  [ Impact ]

  Padding on indicators is too wide, as per double-multiplication of the
  same, leading to very spread icons:

  https://user-
  images.githubusercontent.com/16012374/77627511-505f3780-6f47-11ea-
  9d65-ec9053290b2f.png

  [ Test case ]

  - Open various indicator, padding should be reduced to be consistent with
other icons, for example:

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/16012374/77627515-52c19180-6f47-11ea-8edb-9861ad518f8e.png

  [ Regression potential ]

  Very low, there's just a style change to ensure we don't apply the
  very same padding two times.

  --

  Upstream fix: https://github.com/ubuntu/gnome-shell-extension-
  appindicator/pull/219