Public bug reported:

I have `hp-systray -x` as one of the startup applications when I login.
This app exits with the following error:

HPLIP Status service
No system tray detected on this system.
Unable to start, exiting.

Once logged in, if I start ``hp-systray -x` from the terminal it works
fine. This started happening after updating gnome-shell-extension-
appindicator from version 33-1 to version 33.1-0ubuntu0.20.04.1.

Thanks

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 20.04
Package: gnome-shell-extension-appindicator 33.1-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.4.0-58.64-generic 5.4.73
Uname: Linux 5.4.0-58-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.14
Architecture: amd64
CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Mon Dec 21 11:41:23 2020
EcryptfsInUse: Yes
InstallationDate: Installed on 2016-06-10 (1655 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64 (20160420.1)
PackageArchitecture: all
SourcePackage: gnome-shell-extension-appindicator
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

** Affects: gnome-shell-extension-appindicator (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New


** Tags: amd64 apport-bug focal

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell-extension-appindicator in
Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1908921

Title:
  No system tray detected by hp-systray

Status in gnome-shell-extension-appindicator package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  I have `hp-systray -x` as one of the startup applications when I
  login. This app exits with the following error:

  HPLIP Status service
  No system tray detected on this system.
  Unable to start, exiting.

  Once logged in, if I start ``hp-systray -x` from the terminal it works
  fine. This started happening after updating gnome-shell-extension-
  appindicator from version 33-1 to version 33.1-0ubuntu0.20.04.1.

  Thanks

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 20.04
  Package: gnome-shell-extension-appindicator 33.1-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.4.0-58.64-generic 5.4.73
  Uname: Linux 5.4.0-58-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.14
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Mon Dec 21 11:41:23 2020
  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2016-06-10 (1655 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64 
(20160420.1)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell-extension-appindicator
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell-extension-appindicator/+bug/1908921/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to