Public bug reported:

I'm using "Files" 3.36.3-stable on Ubuntu 20.04. When writing large
amounts of data to USB HDD it can take up to a minute to fully flush the
data to HDD.

"Files" provides a button for unmounting of my USB HDD. When I click
this button unmount is started with "Unmounting usbdisk - Disconnecting
from filesystem" appearing in notification area. This notification stays
on the screen until I remove it with "X". It stays on the screen even
after unmounting is finished.

But in GUI there is NO notification that unmounting has finished! And if
the notification is removed (with "X") there is also no indication that
unmounting is still in progress.

** Affects: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  No feedback when unmounting is finished

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu: