This is probably another case of bug 1897965 so please check out the
suggestions there.

   PulseAudio doesn't work when pipewire is installed (ie. KDE)

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Pulseaudio profiles not available (analouge stereo) so no sound

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  regression-update bug 1876065
  I am running Pulseaudio version 1:13.99.2-1Ubuntu2.1 which I assume is a
newer release than 1:13.99.1-1ubuntu3.3 as described in bug 1876065.

  I am trying to use and set analogue stereo sound as my default sound.

  On each boot Pulse reverts to these available profiles (extract only,
  full text as attachment)

  pacmd list-cards
  name: <alsa_card.pci-0000_09_00.3>
  profiles:
          input:analog-stereo: Analogue Stereo Input (priority 65, available:
no)
          output:iec958-stereo: Digital Stereo (IEC958) Output (priority 5500,
available: unknown)
          output:iec958-stereo+input:analog-stereo: Digital Stereo (IEC958)
Output + Analogue Stereo Input (priority 5565, available: no)
                  off: Off (priority 0, available: unknown)
  active profile: <output:iec958-stereo>

  After deleting the files in ~/.config/Pulse and entering: pulseaudio
  -k, the output changes to:

  pacmd list-cards
  name: <alsa_card.pci-0000_09_00.3>
  profiles:
          input:analog-stereo: Analogue Stereo Input (priority 65, available:
no)
          output:analog-stereo: Analogue Stereo Output (priority 6500,
available: unknown)
          output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo: Analogue Stereo Duplex
(priority 6565,      available: no)
          output:iec958-stereo: Digital Stereo (IEC958) Output (priority 5500,
available: unknown)
          output:iec958-stereo+input:analog-stereo: Digital Stereo (IEC958)
Output + Analogue Stereo Input (priority 5565, available: no)
          off: Off (priority 0, available: unknown)
  active profile: <output:analog-stereo>

  Having discovered the correct sink and profile one would proceed to make them
the default by adding these 2 lines to /etc/pulse/default.pa:
  1/ set-default-sink alsa_output.pci-0000_09_00.3.analog-stereo
  2/ set-card-profile alsa_card.pci-0000_09_00.3 output:analog-stereo: Analogue
Stereo Output, or,
     set-card-profile alsa_card.pci-0000_09_00.3
output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo: Analogue Stereo Duplex

  Setting the default sink (1) causes no problems but only allows
  selection of iec958 stereo but attempting to set the default profile
  (2) and rebooting and opening PulseAudio Volume Control leads to a
  pop-up window displaying: establishing connection to PulseAudio please
  wait...  In other words PulseAudio is not running.

  So in summary I can get sound by buggering around each boot but cannot
  fix the issue on a permanent basis. This PC was release upgraded to
  20.10 yesterday.

  This is the 3rd PC in the last several months I have had to spend
  significant time to get sound working, the others I found a permanent
  work-around for. All are fairly new, the other PCs are running a Ryzon
  3000 and 5000 series CPU and Kubuntu 20.04 and 20.10. Having sound is
  something that should work out of the box.

  Operating System: Kubuntu 20.10
  KDE Plasma Version: 5.19.5
  KDE Frameworks Version: 5.74.0
  Qt Version: 5.14.2
  Kernel Version: 5.8.0-33-generic
  OS Type: 64-bit
  Processors: 12 × AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor
  Memory: 15.6 GiB of RAM
  Graphics Processor: GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2